Many resources are courtesy of Christian Concern for One World (CCOW) www.ccow.org.uk
Some Basic Introductions to Fair Trade
Fairtrade Church and Diocese Programmes
Fairtrade in the Dioceses
Some Resources for Bible Study, Prayer and Theology of Fair Trade
Where to Find Out More: International Fair Trade Networks
- Fairtrade Labelling Organisations International (FLO) is the centre for Fairtrade internationally. Go here for information about how producers can be certified, what the Fairtrade standards and prices are and impact studies
- IFAT, the International Fair Trade Association, is the membership group for Fair Trade Organisations. Go here for information about Fair Trade Organisation standards and information about individual Fair Trade Organisations.
- NEWS, the Network of European World Shops, is the umbrella organisation for Fair Trade and World Shops in Europe. EFTA, the European Fair Trade Association, provides statistics about Fair Trade in Europe and advocates on Fair Trade issues with the EU. EFTA has a particular brief to work on issues of Fair Trade in public procurement (ie whether councils can specify that products they buy must be fairly traded)
- Centre for Alternative and Fair Trade Studies is an international network of scholars and practitioners analyzing initiatives which seek to enhance social justice and environmental sustainability through fair and alternative production, distribution, and consumption practices.British Fair Trade Organisations
- The Fairtrade Foundation website offers a mixture of general information about Fairtrade and campaigning material focused on the UK.
- The UK member of EFTA is the British Association of Fair Trade Shops (BAFTS). Go to BAFTS to find out where Fair Trade shops are located, see the BAFTS standards for Fair Trade shops and importers, and exxplore a wide variety of Fair Trade resources.